Out of Interest...

Les Pourciaux is a Norman French term and as far as we are able to ascertain is the name of some 'dolmen' or standing stones which once stood on the land.

 

The main house is called Les Pourciaux after the Dolmen and we have called the self catering cottage Les Pourciaux Cottage.  

 

The picture below shows Les Pourciaux Dolmen, (described here as Cromlech as they are sometimes also referred to) in the foreground, and Essex Hill in the background and dates to circa 1906.

 

There are some remains of the stones on our property.